Stop and Smell the Roses: Restylane® to the Rescue
Aging is a process we cannot stop. However, with today’s breakthrough treatments, The Solomon Cosmetic Center in Tampa, FL, can “roll back the clock.” Restylane® is an FDA-approved breakthrough treatment that uses NASHA, which is a natural, non-animal-based dermal filler just like your own body produces. Hyaluronic acid (the body’s own natural substance) exists in the dermis, or middle layer, of our skin. Its purpose is to provide fullness and volume to the skin.
Restylane® is completely biocompatible with and identical to the body’s own substance and so is readily accepted without reactions.
- Restylane®: Restores fullness to the skin. Restylane® can be used to minimize moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds around the mouth. It can also be used to fill fine lines, plump lips, and fill dark circles under the eyes. Restylane® is placed in the middle to deep dermis layer of the skin in order to fill superficial lines. Lasting about six months, Restylane® does not require any skin testing, unlike collagen-based products.
- Restylane® Silk: As we age, the lips tend to shrink in size and vertical lines begin to appear around the lips. Lip lines have always been a difficult challenge. Fillers, in general, have always been designed to fill wrinkles and folds and restore volume. Vertical lip lines have defied the use of traditional filler, often showing as ridges instead of a smoother surface. Dr. George Solomon is very happy that he now can use FDA approved Restylane® Silk to treat these difficult areas for lips and around the lips. Restylane® Silk is used to diminish vertical lip lines and plump thin sensitive lips.
- Restylane® Lyft: Restylane® Lyft is a biocompatible gel filler composed of hyaluronic acid. With bigger particles than Restylane, Restylane® Lyft can be used to enhance lips or minimize deep facial folds and facial wrinkles such as the nasolabial folds that occur from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
Candidates for Restylane®
As we age, our ability to manufacture hyaluronic acid declines, and we get lines, folds, and wrinkles. This dermal filler provides instant volume and restores fullness without surgery. If you are bothered by lines, wrinkles, and folds, Restylane® treatments could be the answer for you.
- Lip lines
- Thin lips
- Nasolabial folds
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eyes)
- Alternative to surgical lip augmentation.
About the Procedure
During the procedure, Restylane® is injected into the mid-deep dermis in tiny amounts using an ultra-fine needle. The treatment area may be massaged to optimize contouring of the gel. As the gel integrates into dermal tissue it attracts and binds to water molecules. This binding process then creates volume and fullness to smooth out wrinkles.
How Long Does Restylane® Last?
The average treatment will last for six months – twice as long as collagen. Touch-up treatments are usually done twice a year.
– Patient Reviews Verified by Google – Jessica C.
Aftercare and Recovery
Restylane® injections create a smooth, natural look and feel and require little to no downtime. Most patients return to their daily activities immediately following the procedure. Bruising at the injection sites can be covered with mineral makeup. Some redness and swelling may appear but should be gone within a week. During this time, sunbathing and exposure to cold should be avoided, as these conditions put extra stress on the recovering skin. Patients who are using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
Fillers are all the rage. Contact Solomon Cosmetic Center by filling out our contact form on the right side of the page or call 727-288-9988 to schedule your Restylane® consultation. Dr. George Solomon serves patients all around the Tampa Bay Area including Tampa, Orlando, Largo, Brandon, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, and Pinellas Park.