If your lips are thin and weak-looking and you want a fuller, plumper look, visit George Solomon M.D., Board-Certified plastic surgeon in Palm Harbor, Florida. He is a highly-qualified doctor and surgeon who is an experienced injector. During the consultation, Dr. Solomon will show you Before and After gallery photos of actual patients. He takes your facial features, especially your lips-to-eyes relationship, into consideration and suggests products and lip enhancements that will make your lips look natural and balanced with your features.
You Need Injectables If…
Lip Augmentation can help with several signs of aging that appear around the mouth and lips:
- Thin lips
- Shapeless lips
- Vertical lines around the lips
A Thorough Consult with a Professional
Dr. Solomon will discuss your medical history, allergies, supplements, and medications with you; but be sure to tell him if you take blood thinners such as aspirin or warfarin, which make it more likely to experience bruising or bleeding at the injection site. Dr. Solomon needs to know if you have suffered from oral herpes, also called cold sores or fever blisters, in the past. Injectable can cause an outbreak. You should be in good health and a nonsmoker to consider undergoing lip augmentation.
Products and Procedures that Work
There are several roads to take to attain lovely lips:
- Restylane Silk is an FDA-approved product which uses smaller, smoother hyaluronic acid particles to plump the lips and smooth wrinkles around the mouth. The treatment remains visible for 6-9 months. When the effects diminish, you will need to schedule another treatment. You must be 21-years-old to be a candidate for Restylane Silk.
- Radius is also used for lip augmentation. After injection Radius adds volume by stimulating natural collagen production. Some individuals report that the treatment last at least a year.
- Juvederm Ultra XC is another alternative for naturally thin lips or for aging lips that have thinned. The results can last up to a year.
After dermal fillers, you will see a noticeable difference immediately. Dr. Solomon may give you ice before you leave his office to ease discomfort and control swelling. He will ask you not to use lip products until the next day. After you heal, your lips will look and feel natural.
Injectable dermal fillers can be done quickly in the doctor’s office. However, there are temporary side effects of injectable products which typically last only a few days:
- Bleeding at the injection sites
- Reactivation of herpes simplex fever blisters
Preparation for Treatment
Before injections, a numbing agent is applied to the skin. This eases discomfort. Also, most of the injectable treatments include lidocaine which numbs the area for a while after the treatment. Doctor Solomon uses very fine needles to do lip injections.
- Fat-transfer lip enhancement is another method used to plump lips. It requires liposuction which is the transfer of fat from one part of your body to the lips. The results are natural and last a great deal longer than injectable products. Dr. Solomon will discuss preparation, side effects, and after care with you if you choose a fat-transfer procedure.
If you have questions about your procedure or if symptoms worsen following treatment, call Dr. Solomon’s office. The staff at the Solomon Center is always happy to help you or answer your questions.
The cost of fillers depends on how much is used. A typical injectable treatment takes two syringes. In the case of fat transfer, the size of the area to be treated is considered. Health insurance plans don’t cover aesthetic injectables or fat transfer procedures. Financing is available through a number of lender partners.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results may vary.
If you have a summer soiree to attend and you would like to up your sex appeal, go visit Dr. Solomon to talk about lip augmentation. His office serves all of Central Florida and the Tampa, Florida, area. Call today for a consultation that could lead to summer romance.
© 2018 Solomon Cosmetic Center. All rights reserved.